Every year between Christmas and New Year the CCC is organizing the biggest hacker conference in Europe. This year is no exception, and so again the CCH in Hamburg attracted a huge creative and technical savvy crowd.
These are my favourite talks this year and I recommend watching them:
- Attacks on UEFI security (English)
- Thunderstrike: EFI bootkits for Apple MacBooks (English)
- SS7: Locate. Track. Manipulate. (English)
- Practical EMV PIN interception and fraud detection (English)
- Mobile self-defense (English)
- 31C3 Infrastructure Review (English)
- The Perl Jam: Exploiting a 20 Year-old Vulnerability (English)
- Paypal’s War on Terror (English)
- Inside Field Station Berlin Teufelsberg (English)
- Let’s Encrypt – A Free Robotic Certificate Authority (English)
- SCADA StrangeLove: Too Smart Grid in da Cloud (English)
- FNORD News Show (German)
- Ich sehe, also bin ich … Du (German)
- Wir beteiligen uns aktiv an den Diskussionen (German)
- Security Nightmares (German)
- CCC Jahresüberblick (German)
I really liked all talks, but I was especially interested in the SS7 talks and the infrastructure review.
All links marked with ‘reLive” are direct ‘working copies’ of the streamed talk. No edit, no clean-up, no downloads yet. They will be avaialble in a couple of days just like the other ones. Please use torrents or mirror sites for all regular recordings if possible. So shortly after the congress the CCC media serveres are usually quite busy.